Gas Fitting Newcastle
Natural gas is a popular form of energy in Australia for both domestic and commercial properties. Any gas appliance should be installed, maintained or repaired by professional gas fitters. Call us now or request a quote!
Call a Professional Gas Fitter
There are many appliances around your home that can be gas powered – including heaters, hot water systems, ovens, range tops, outdoor kitchens and pool heaters to name a few – and to make sure these are safely installed you need a professional gas fitter. We offer a range of gas fitting services backed by experience and knowledge. If you suspect you have a gas leak, don’t wait, call us now on 0401093520!
Our Gas Fitting Service
Whether you are installing a gas line to the property or need repairs done, it’s best to call in your local gas fitting experts immediately. A licensed and experienced plumber can make all the difference to the running of your home or business. Manariti Plumbing are experienced and licensed gas fitters that provides gas fitting services to the Newcastle area. Our services include:
- Gas fitting
- Gas repairs and maintenance
- Gas installations
- Gas safety inspections
- Leak detection
Call us for all your gas plumbing needs!
What is Gas Fitting? And What Does A Gas Plumber Do?
Gas fitting is a licensed trade that trains plumbers how to safely and effectively install, repair, service or replace gas fittings including gas appliances, fixtures, piping, valves, meters, gas line connections, and gas hot water. Gas plumbing services can be completed in any residential, commercial or industrial property.
As licensed gas fitters, Manariti Plumbing can help you with all your plumbing needs – from installing new gas hot water to major pipe repairs and more. With our knowledge and years of experience, we can ensure your home or business is perfectly setup to use natural gas for cooking, hot water and heating – safely and with total peace of mind.
Gas Fitting Repairs and Maintenance
Gas fitting services and keeping up the maintenance on your gas appliances and systems is extremely important for the health and safety of your family or team. We can help maintain your gas system so that it can operate to the highest standard, by identifying weakening pipes that will need repair or replacing. We have the tools and knowledge to perform leak detection and safety inspections to ensure the system is working perfectly. Not only will this minimise potential risks, but it will also ensure the longevity of your gas fittings and appliances.
Detecting a Gas Leak and What To Do
It can be difficult to detect gas leaks, especially if you’re not looking for it, which is why it’s best to regularly check your gas fittings and gas appliances when you can. Signs you should look for include:
- Rotten Egg Smell – Gas is odorless which makes it really hard to detect. That’s why chemicals such as mercaptans (also known as thiols) are usually added to the gas, as they include sulfur molecules which create that terrible rotten egg smell and makes gas leaks easier to detect.
- Hissing Noise – If your appliances are emitting a hissing or quiet roaring sound. If you can hear a hissing noise coming from your gas appliance, that can an indication that it’s leaking. Inspect it immediately and remove any source of spark or fire in its vicinity. Then call your local gas plumbers immediately.
- Orange Flame – if you turn on your gas stove, you’ll notice the flame is small and blue in colour mostly. If the flame is brighter than normal and more orange in colour, this could be a sign of a gas leak and you should turn off the appliance immediately.
- Higher Gas Bill – if you receive a gas bill that is substantially higher than your normal bill, this could be an indication of a leak. It’s not always the case, but this is a good indication to check your fittings and appliances for any bad smells, hissing sounds or even a white cloudiness around gas lines.
If you suspect one of your gas appliances of leaking, it’s best to address it immediately before the situation becomes dangerous, a health risk or an environmental hazard. For both domestic and commercial properties, here’s what you need to do:
- First step is to open all the windows and doors to let out the gas.
- Second step is to remove anything that could be the source of a spark, no matter how small, from the vicinity.
- Third step is to remove any pets from the building, as they are more susceptible to natural gas poisoning.
- Fourth step is to shut off your gas supply as soon as possible.
- Fifth step is to move outside for fresh air and call for help – call a local gas fitter first to address the leak (this is considered an emergency situation, we will respond quickly), then your gas supplier to let them know there is an issue.
If you believe a gas appliance is leaking, don’t wait! Call us – your local gas fitters on 0401093520 now!
Whether you’re renovating a home or just want to add gas appliances to the property, you will need professional gas fitting services for your appliance installations. This can mean new gas pipes through the home and property to connect you to the main gas line. If you currently live at the property where you want this done, gas fitting services can be disruptive – disrupting hot water, cooking or heating systems – but we will do our best to minimise the disruption to your home and day-to-day activities.
When Do I Need A Gas Safety Inspection?
Everything eventually wears down, including your gas fittings and pipes, so you should stay ahead of any major problems by getting a regular safety inspection completed. This will find problems, before they become dangerous or hazardous. For example, you can prevent gas leaking from happening if a pipe in need of repair or replacement is found during a gas safety inspection.
Once the inspection is complete, you will receive a report with recommendations on what needs to be done to maintain regulation and standard safety requirements. If you have any questions about your report, we are always available to discuss the findings with you.
Need a professional gas fitter? Get a Free Quote on Gas Fitting
Get in touch for a free quote